Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Renewal



I was trapped in a painful, unending moment

Suffocating in parental responsibility,

But your other half reminded me

Of my ability to respond in so many other ways as well.



He reminded me that I fall and dust myself off for you,

He shook me out of my scary, parallel worlds,

He cajoled me when I slipped back into memories darkened with maternal fears,

He had faith in me when I could not trace its corners in my lonely life.



Now I am caught in a deeply fulfilling loop

Joyous in parental responsibility,

And your other half supported me

During my trials at teasing reaction from responding.



He was gentle when I was lashing out at myself in the safety of that room.

He was patient when I was puzzling my life for you.

He was forgiving and oh, so very giving.

He was my guiding star on my journey to becoming your mother.

0 Feelings:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
Creative Commons License